Mini Pavlova: Top 3 Mini Pavlova Recipes & Individual Pavlova Nests
What is a Mini Pavlova? Its a smaller version of the traditionally romantic and beautiful Pavlova cake. It is a meringue based cake, named after the talented Russian Ballerina Anna Pavlova. Crispy on the outside and marshmallowly soft on the inside usually pilled with fluffy cream and heaped with heaps of fresh fruit.
Mini Pavlova are perfect for kids, parties or when you want to save some of Pavlova shells fresh and use them over the course of a few days. Usually once you top a Pavlova with fresh cream and berries it needs to be eaten straight away (within 4 hours) or within 24 hours (refrigerated)
However the Pavlova meringue without topping can last for two to three days in an air tight container. So making individual pavlova nests can be perfect allowing you too just top them as you need, keeping the rest dry and fresh in a container.
Tip: You want to ensure you store your extra Mini Pavlova's in an air tight container as they will absorb moisture from the air because of the sugar in the mix.
Now lets get onto the best Individual mini pavlova recipes currently available.
Mini Pavlova Recipe from Natasha's Kitchen
Ingredients for Pavlova:
6 egg whites, room temperature (see tip above)
1.5 cups white sugar
2 tsp corn starch
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Frosting:
1 1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp white sugar
Ingredients for Topping:
4-5 cups fresh fruit (blueberries, kiwi, raspberries, sliced strawberries, etc)
Mint leaves for garnish, optional
If your egg whites are not at room temperature, place them in a bowl and set over a second bowl of warm (not hot) water for 15 minutes.
This recipe is easy and you can make the meringues up to 3 days ahead of time and store loosely wrapped in a plastic bag then assemble just before your event.
Once they are assembled they stay great for up to 4 hours at room temperature.
Mini Pavlovas Recipe by Laura Vitale
Ingredients5 Large Egg Whites
1 cup of Sugar
1 tsp of White Wine Vinegar or balsamic vinegar
2 tsp of Corn Starch
1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
For the cream:1 cup of Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar
For the topping:6 kiwis
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- On two pieces of parchment paper, using a 4" cookie cutter as a guide, draw about 12 circles with pencil on one side of the parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (make sure your bowl and attachment are extremely clean with no grease residue anywhere otherwise the egg whites won't whip) beat the egg whites until they start becoming foamy. Add the salt and cream of tartar and whisk until its starts developing stiffer peaks.
- With the beater running, gradually add in the sugar, one Tbsp at a time, beat until it becomes thick and glossy and the sugar has dissolved.
- Using a spatula, fold in the vanilla, cornstarch and vinegar, being careful not to deflate the egg whites.
- Spoon this mixture in the center of the circle you’ve drawn on the parchment paper (be sure to use the opposite side of the parchment paper from the pencil as not to get graphite in your batter), and using either a spoon or a piping bag fitted with a star tip, make 4” circle mounds (a few inches apart) on your prepared baking sheet
- Bake the pavlova for about 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the oven door slightly to let them cool in the oven completely.
- Peel and roughly chop the kiwi, place them in a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks, add the sugar and continue to whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spoon the cream in the center of each little pavlova and spoon a little kiwi sauce and top with a couple raspberries.
- Serve immediately!
Mini Individual Pavlova Recipe By Jemma
4 large egg whites
190g caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp cornflour
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar (or 1 tsp white vinegar)
Half a packet of Oreo's, ground to a fine crumb (plus extra for sprinkling) 250ml double cream
4 tbsp Horlicks (malted milk)
🍰 If you are looking for full sized regular Pavlova recipes, check out our other page covering all the current top recipes and everything you need to know about 👉 Pavlova it includes the best Pavlova Recipe available!
🩰 If your are interested in the history behind the famous meringue check out our page here on the famous 👉 Anna Pavlova Gymnast and Ballerina.